I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Wednesday, November 12, 2003

I must be the laziest blogger known to mankind...or blogger kind.

For a person who journals a lot and loves the sounds of keybaords clicking, I am one sloth of a blogger.

Anyway, the day is slow, the skies are dark, and everyone feels stuck in the office. No one wants to work, but wants to be at work, but not necessarily in the office. How messed up is that?

So far, everyone and anyone has found a reason to either go out, or do an activity that only just faintly resembles work, or just plod along with semi-work, though well done (meh)

Thus I sit here, listening to Yahoo Launchcast Radio's free service, because i'm too much of a cheapskate to pay for the ugraded service and get all the nice songs I want in the categories that I actually like.

Free is a word that you don't hear often nowadays. Why months ago, I even learned that my former best friend tallied all the favors i'd incurred during our eight year friendship. Which goes to show that even friendship comes with a denomination nowadays. And though it could have been in kind, I think she might have been equally satisfied if i'd settled our friendship debts through cold, hard, cash.

Tuition is hard to come by, and judging by the way that her family saves, they'll have to go through hundreds more vacations and thousands of dinners that they can't really afford before she lands herself into grad school.

Not that I care though. If she wants to be fat, unemployed, and still leeching on her parents until she's 45, fine by me and all her former friends. At least she's spent now until then praying.

I've decided that since the day is bitchy, I am going to be bitchy too.

It's been a long time since I was cranky and difficult, not to mention uttered a caustic joke. It pisses me off that my grunge era boss says the word snarky and is stuck on New Order. Proof of her past life is tatood in snaking tribal glory down her small back, not to mention her penchant for beer and NU107 Rock, nor her growing affection for pop-culture zen.

I find it sad that the Reality Bites gen broke out of their apathetic shells and grew into tai-bo kicking, caffeince sucking, suits who consider day spas as the next temple. It makes me want to smack their happies with a decorative coffetable book on zen inspired decorating. What the hell were they thinking when they put tofu on Starbucks coffee?

I think I liked them better confused and zoned out. If push comes to shove, my generation could always take up the helm to steer the planet while re-educating the next one: Britney Spears.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home