I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

WTF are you doing?!?!

Okay, so it may be cheating, but I get my sappy inspiration not from novels or TV but from fanfics.

X-files were pretty good (very creative, good smut too...though I probably shouldn't have said that), Trek is okay, though few can hold a candle to The Files, and now I am currently reading up on Star Wars.

The Philippines is--and forever will be--Star Wars country. Maybe it's because three movies where the underdogs held a lot more weight than space faring people in a TV show, maybe they identified with Chewy, or the amount of skin showed by Leia (and later Amidala) is more than all the Trek TV shows and movies combined...I don't know.

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, but I do love the movies. And I--deep breath--do not find anything wrong with the prequels.

Before you break my bones and stew me, let it be known that I did not go inside the theaters as a nitpicker nor was I there to review the merits of the damn thing. I was just there for the story, and though I didn't find both prequels riveting, I was at least entertained.

I think the duel between Master Yoda and Count Dooku was the best fight scene of all time.

We have a copy of it (el papa bought it) but we still saw it when it aired on Star Movies a few days ago.

The whole Anakin and Padme thing just gets to me. Maybe because Hayden Christensen and Natalie Portman have such great chemistry.

Plus, there's lot of Ewan there to watch, too.

But just in case I am beginning to sound too saccharine, I was mainly there to watch the story. I am already at the edge of my seat in anticipation on how exactly Anakin turns. Or how Padme or Mace Windu dies.

And crossing my fingers for another Yoda-action.

And since I was riding on a Star Wars high, I decided to check out some nice An-Ami (that's Anakin-Amidala romance fiction for you) fanfiction.

I know...I know slasher fic exists. Heck, I've read Tom Paris/Chakotay or Picard/Riker, even Kirk/Spock. The weirdest so far is Walter Skinner/Fox Mulder. It's not my preference so I don't read them but I do come across them--a lot.

Much like it's inevitable to come across Star Wars SLASHER fic.

Han and Luke? Obi-Wan and Qui Gon? ANAKIN AND OBI-WAN?!?!

Now that is just not right! You can toy with the 24th century populace of Trek of even the X-Files, since heaven knows weirder things have happened in that show than two guys having a go.

But you mess with the Jedi Order and that is just...wrong.

It's just...why? Something about it just seems sacriligous somehow. I don't know why this particular show bothers me more than the others. It seems homophobic but...why? It's the JEDI COUNCIL!

They can't even form relationships, much less turn gay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home