I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, July 19, 2004

The Dog

Blogger has this new interface on that can change fonts and do colors. Kind of like Yahoo when you're using Explorer. I have Mozilla.

Anyway, we have a new dog.

My parents took Bambi's loss really hard. Not that I wasn't sad...My mom felt so bad that she couldn't feel settled without Bambi puttering around. My dad came home one night last week and came looking for the dog before remembered that it was dead.

So last Sunday my dad finally caved in and got the dog that should have been Bambi's playmate: Barkley.

So now I have a three month old oversize German Shepard sleeping in my room, spreading fleas.

I haven't slept and probably will not sleep until it takes a shit. It really shouldn't be in the house, but since it's raining and it's a baby-he's 2 1/2 doggie years old, he is not a baby-he's staying in.

Which means I will get up sometime during dawn to let the dog out so that he can shit and take a leak.

Yes, the dog is being spoiled rotten. He's got the expensive dog food, the vitamins, the champion breeding and dental care. Everything that they never gave Bambi is going to this dog. But guess who's elected to brush his teeth?

I wanted to call him Luke (after the beloved LAL #4) but my dad didn't think it was proper for the dog to have a Biblican name, lest we provoke a saint or The Higher Powers. So it ended up being named after another basketball player, albeit indirectly.

His papers still say his name is "Barney", which my mother actually argued for. I told her that Barney was a big purple dinosaaur while my aunt rene said that it was Fred's dumb friend from The Flinstones.

I actually thought they were both equally dumb, though it made me wonder just how two schmos could've landed two hot chicks.

Anyway, as a compromise, we ended up with Barkley, who is now snoring softly by my chair and next to the bed, hopefully not infecting it with fleas.

We had a minor infestation with Bambi, so now the whole house smells like Ariel detergent and Baygon. My rooms floor is a mixture of Baygon waterbase and Frontline Tick and Flea repellant.

The dog is not allowed in my parents room, and even though they are the ones who insist on all this lovely making up, I am the dogs new master.

On all our previous dogs, my dad was the master. Bambi was close to all three of us, but I think she loved my dad the most and so did her dad, Prince.

Though now, for some reason, Barkley is literally attached to me. I can't seem to move without him tripping my legs. I can't wait until he grows--although at 26 inches, he'll probably end up knocking me over.

...

So now I can't really leave the house, because I have "a baby".

Tomorrow, if it doesn't rain, "the baby" will be kicked out of the house and will spend his first night out. He's not going to be a housedog (are you nuts!) so it's better if we break him out of the habit now.

Otherwise I will be tracking shitting time and napping time and peeing time and eating time for the next two months. As it is, i've lost sleep just because I had to push him when he tries to get on the bed several times during the morning.

I think this is God's way of breaking me into the world of "responsibilities".






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home