I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Friday, July 23, 2004

TXT TLK

JP and I are having some interesting talks thru text nowadays. I think it's because he has a new phone (very expensive Nokia 6600) but truth be told, we've been getting a lot of communiques these past few weeks.

I think it's because he's trying to drag me out of my grunge habits, taking over for Luis who is actually working for a change in his new office. Mark is silently cheering the two of them on, forming my triumvirate of brothers.

JP is doing a shift and a half for heaven knows how long, so we do most of our talking during his breaks--between 12 to one in the morning, 10 in the morning, before he goes to bed at 2 in the afternoon, and before he goes to work at around 9.

I'm a lazy texter, so it takes awfully long for me to reply. We always promise to meet up sometime for a longer conversation, but we're still figuring out where we can find a convenient place to meet where we can sit down, talk, and at the same time not spend a fortune due to our voracious appetites.

My mom actually told me today to search on the net and check if I was anorexic. I told her that I didn't have a fear of eating, that I didn't have a problem with eating, despite my anxiety on growing fat.

I've been making an effort to eat breakfast again, so today I actually fixed myself a sandwhich and even threw in an apple.

I told Mark once about my mom's worries of me having an eating disorder and he just laughed (I would too if it weren't my mother) He told me that the only thing wrong with my eating habits is that I eat through my pockets yet never gained a pound.

It is true. Last week I texted JP about Kenny Roggers double combo meals for 99 bucks (less than a dollar for you people) promo. He texted back by saying I was probably the only girl he knew who got excited about meals going at half-price.

Oh, well.

Like I said, this year has been an interesting year of changes.

Besides having my three brothers converging to usher me into the world of (gasp!) realism and adulthood, my dog and pal for 11 years died and was replaced by a new frisky rascal, my cousins husband getting really sick, my aunt coming out of and re-entering remission, my decision to take up writing full time...

I'm almost afraid to ask what's next.

But then again, i've had that same question every year (though it's more intense this year) and each time it gets harder, often better, but sometimes it's all just lessons you learn from.

I've never had any regrets. I may not be satisfied with the person i'm seeing in the mirror, but despite everything that's happened, i've never regretted a decision I've made. Ever.

So maybe the 80's rocker outfit is ok. Now if I can just drag myself out at 0700 tomorrow and jog so I can lose the gut and finally get a navel ring...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home