I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, September 27, 2004

Ring of Evil

Just got the navel ring yesterday. Finally!

The Twin Towers (a.k.a. Mark and JP) went with me and took pics of the whole thing. I kept worrying that my tummy wasn't flat enough, since I ate a lot beforehand, but from the pics it looked okay. Not nearly as bloated as I thought.

It didn't hurt much, not as bad as Luis told me. But then, the tatooist placed a little Novocaine to help. Mark thought I was robbed of a memorable experience, but if you feel that needle going in for that three to five seconds, you'll know that it's one bitch of an experience that i'm thankful not to have.

To celebrate, we all set to watch The Exorcist. I was voting for Feng Shui because of Roy, but alas, I was out voted.

Except for that disturbing scene of the kid being eaten by hyenas (wherein the sound of crunching bones will haunt me forever) it wasn't as bad it seems. I think the original one with Linda Blair was more shocking.

My parents told me that after the first time they saw it, they couldn't sleep for close to a week just thinking about it.

It's just a movie, but if you're a Catholic who's had the oppurtunity to witness a posession, or even be in a place where there was one, you tend to freak out.

Both my parents went through that same period where a kid in their Catholic school was possessed/rumored to be possessed/or just plain saw ghosts and she extrapolated.

I had the same thing in second grade, where we were all given holy waters and taught to pray the Prayer of St. Micheal the Arc Angel. (me and the mum went to the same Catholic girls school, btw)

So I pretty much stayed away from the first Exorcist. I had some qualms watching this one, but horror being my new genre, I thought i'd give it a try.

I admit, I was a bit disappointed. As with most American horror flicks, it had very little horror and just had a lot of gore. Your fear is based on disgust of torn body parts and maggots crawling out of your skin, as opposed to whatever shit that may come and grab you in the darkness.

Happy at the same time that I would be granted a good nights sleep (though I didn't, since I had an essay due for $21 dollars--yes, hawking english papers again)

My mom was surprised that I actually had the guts to see it.

Though she was more surprised that I fucking got the navel ring. She didn't completely freak out, mainly because I started my sentence with "Don't be mad at me, I did something..." and all her guesses were infinitely worse than having a frigging hole on my tummy.

She did ask me if it was evil though, which really disturbed me. Where the hell did she get the idea?

I think she expects me to be somehow possessed and just start sleeping around, drinking, or boosting cars or start doing random fuckingly stupid things because of the damn ring.

It's annoyingly ridiculous.

After assuring her that my head would not start spinning and I wouldn't be off doing pagan rituals, she's now on a mission to make my dad find me out.

I haven't told him. At this point, doing so would earn me a smack in the head and i'm too old for that.

Better wait like a month, after i'm neck deep in the script, and his only reaction will be "Why the hell did you that for? Did it hurt? Shit...okay"

My dad's side of the family like to keep their reaction to the bare minimim. Those few words are already a five on the richter scale.

In the meantime, the thing hurts like a little bitch, I have to put up with drinking the anti-biotics and bothering with the anti-bacterial ointment...but damn, the thing does make me smile.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home