I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, August 30, 2004

Censored...

Depending on how I understand it, I think I just got slammed in my fanfic for saying "hell"...Or for using the Lord's name in vain.

I hardly think "hell" qualifies for a curse word, considering the more colorful variety floating around out there. Back in the workshop, we had to write a line that had to show a smattering of curse words, and for some reason no one was able to do it...at least, no one was fluent in cursing in English.

With me being pretty liberal with the word fuck, it's hard to for me to look at words like hell now and not think of it as mild.

I'm trying to cut down on the cursing though. In truth, I don't really swear a lot. It may not show in this blog, but I usually don't. Not a lot of people know I can cuss, and most of the time I'm with them.

When i'm with my two "brothers" or with Luis, I tend to talk a little shit. Talking to Xarra...well, maybe some. Bitch is a favorite word, mainly because it's so widely descriptive.

But most of the time, I'm with people who don't know I can curse, and would probably have a heart attack once I start potty-talking.

I find it odd though, that this girl isn't at all bothered by smut but is alerted because I said the word hell...I wonder what she'd say if I tried a few colorful Klingon phrases???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home