I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, January 19, 2004

1:37am

I'm skipping work tomorrow.

My foot hurts so bad that it's not even funny.

I took some great pictures of the house today. It looks like I have some talent after all. I was always scared that I wouldn't have "the eye" for photography, that my aunt and uncle would disappointed in my lack of flair.

But i've taken some decent pictures.

I wondered if I could use this to tide me over. This and writing. But if there is one thing that I know about being in the creative arts, it's that this is a very fickle business. Talent isn't what drives you, it's courage and a fierce determination.

...

If I had to do this, I guess my best shot would be a photographic essay. I love pictures that tell stories. You have artistic pictures--beautiful shots with fantastical vision--then you have those whose images want to shout out the words.

...

I like to tell stories, that's what I do.

I love looking at things and seeing the one thing that other people don't see. I love watching people, wondering what goes through their heads, trying to guess if they think--if they perceive consciousness--in the same way as me.

I have all these images, all these words and pictures and scenes inside my head that's just waiting to go out. They're so real that soemtimes I have to stop and to verify it against my memories.

...

This is what I am thinking about, as I stay up at 2 in the morning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home