I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Thursday, January 15, 2004

I have just subjected my old, old, old story--Luck--to the mercy of kuro5shin's bloodthirsty readers.

The people doing the comments are ruthless, but I think it's pretty great. The fate of everything will be determined when the votes roll in. Right now, it's still in the queque. I've got some pretty good responses so far.

I've got one deconstructive criticism, one rant on the term "prodigal daughter", one question asking what OCD was, one asking me to rephrase something, two bitching me about my spelling, two voting "tes", and one voting that I be on the front page.

I'm okay with that, since it's an incredibly old story. The person who wrote it isn't me anymore.

I had another chat with former was-herro-wroshipped-but-became irritating cousin, who is no longer bears the title but still gets my goat.

I've learned to let some of the things she says slide. She will always look at me as the dense younger cousin who looks like she dropped out of a sewer shrub. It can be irritating as hell sometimes, but some people you just cannot toss out of the airlock. You just gotta keep `em in.

Unfortunately, majority of what constitues "some people" happen to be family.

Have I mentioned that she's on the other side of the world?

Anyway, my story will probably be up for voting either tomorrow or maybe sometime this week. It takes an incredible amount for it to actually be posted, so i'm not really hoping that this will be seen. It'll probably get dumped, but i'm just happy that someone read it. People who saw my old website will probably recognize it, but I don't think people come to see it anymore.

I'm doing the uncool thing by constantly viewing the comments, trying to see what they thought and basking in the limelight. So tomorrow (or maybe tonight) I will do the cool thing: write something new.

The only reason why I stuck with the comments for today is for revisions. They've asked me to re-write some stuff that I felt would compromise the essence of the story.

The person is in the verge of a nervous breakdown, or at the very least, an anxiety attack. She should sound warbly. So i'm not changing it.

The sad part is, if people don't get this, then it means I am not getting my point across. It's minus points for me, the writer. It's like falling into a stupid black hole of your own making.

But I am still going to leave it as it is and leave it's raw entity to be consumed by the unwashed masses. If they fark it, then so be it. It will make me learn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home