I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Wednesday, January 14, 2004

Day three of supposed to be busy work week

I had a long talk with Xarra last night, skipping reading and some net time in order to talk. We haven't talked in weeks! so I though I should give her a ring and touch bases again. I'm a thoughtful friend...NOT.

I just hate not hearing from my friends. If we're from the same city, I feel like i'm neglecting them if I don't talk to them for more than a week or two. Usually this doesn't happen, since I get this surge of friendly-text every eight days or so, and I reply to people from all over on all sorts of stuff. The cycle lasts for days. Unfortunately, my cellphone load does not.

Anyway, during the beginning of the convo she told me that she hooked up with xtine. Gave her x-mas gift, ate out, arcade and stuff. Just hung out. All of it seems timely with my sudden bout of friend possessiveness but is in tune with my weird luck.

I told her straight out that I didn't want to talk about her at all...ever.

As it is, I hardly remember the friendship, it would be a shame if what remained would be spoiled by hatred.

She was my friend. If all else, I had eight years of my time invested with her. Throwing her completely out of me would mean throwing out eight years of my life too.

So I told Xarra that if I couldn't say good things about her, then I would rather not say or think much about her at all.

Thus we spent the night talking about Charmed, the romantic relationships of the Charmed ones--on and off the screen, romantic movies (Gidget and Sleepless in Seattle), and had a long consult with her on my story.

She likes it so far, but all I have are foundations and none of the fluff. It's a hard chair at this point, and though having something to sit on pretty much does the job, there's still along way to go before you get your bum some comfort.

There's still a lot of work to be done. I thought i'd blog my exploits, but now that they've encouraged me to publish, I'm rethinking my efforts. I can't do a blog on how I am writing this story when I won't give away anything.

It's nice that she listened to me even when she was sick, even if I was twisting my guts trying to pitch. I wasn't in my pitching mode, so I sounded awful. I'm beginning to realize what some writers say that you have to be in the right mood or at least know the moves in order to pitch your story.

She was a sport in listening to my rambles. It was a great thing I had my notes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home