I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Tuesday, January 06, 2004

Alas, my adventures with MySQL have failed. Miserably. Horribly. Ended fuck-ass badly...at least for tonight.

I'm pretty sure Rhem is going to laugh his ass off when he finds the mess I left in my ftp folder...or he might reach over the PC and choke me to death through Yahoo Messenger.

I did some gratifying work today. I went to Miriam College to get some information for the Bluebook, chatted with person who runs Swarmplan and the Environmental Studies Institute, then hurried off to the office to do more work.

Called people, verified some stuff. Checked who was still alive and who wasn't. Found out which NGO's could no longer pay their bills.

I spent the whole afternoon listening to 70's OPM, which Laarni and I both like. She shared her one and only VST & Company file and I spent the rest of the afternoon bobbing my head to Awitin Mo, Isasayaw Ko. I'm poor, so I still can't buy the CD.

So I settled for Laarni's Basil Valdez MP3s.

I tried looking for Claire Dela Fuente, who sounds so much like Karen Carpenter that it's freaky. My dad claims that she even sounds better. I don't have such a musical ear, but her voice is crisper, firmer, clearer than Karen Carpenter's.

...Over ten dollars for CDs?!?! I CD prices stateside are a hecka more expensive.

Anyway, the two of us were experiencing some lag in the late afternoon and were killing time staring at our screens and sneaking yahoo messages. I was still in my ongoing search for training sites, not to mention calling people who never seem to be there and almost never leave assistants--or they do, but somehow took the assistants brain with them. She...well, she was not doing a lot of anything on the pm. We don't get our new assignments until tomorrow, so things are still kind of slow.

We ended up chatting about our favored OPMs.

We both agree on the time, but like different singers. She tends to the balladers while I seem to like OPM disco. I'm at an impasse with the folk singers, since Ican never seem to define which ones are folk singers and which ones are balladers. They always seem to have folk songs and ballads, mostly mixed together in one album.

She mentioned Christina "Tina" Paner and I just about died laughing. I didn't even know she had a song!

Good grief, are we that old? I can't seem to remember these things anymore.

For a brief period in my life--mainly December '02 to around March '92--I got hooked on That's Entertainment. I'd include a link but apparantly nobody wants to talk about them. They're probably all in denial, much like my conyo cousin who was into the show for the whole run.

My fav was the Wednesday group, which did have Tina Paner, but the show was on during the times that I did homework--back in the day when I really did do my homework--so I didn't pay much attention to the tele. I only stopped when the dancing segments came out.

I told Laarni to search for a Yahoo Group and to join. She's still a fan, while I am feeling a bit ridiculous with having ten yahoo groups...get a life?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home