I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Sunday, February 15, 2004

Suds Up

Today is my grandmother's birthyday. To celebrate, we are having her and a bunch of my other relatives over to my house.

We are having a lovely garden lunch of seafood and vegetables, all wonderfully prepared by my mother from our very own kitchen.

This would have been a wonderful occassion had I not been left with the dishes.

Some people say it's because I can't cook (I can, it's just that my reportoire is limited) but even if I did my share of time at the stove, who do you think is going to wash all those pots and pans?

Entertaining would have been great if you didn't have to do dishes. I am more than willing to fork over the cash needed to make the temporary help stay just to soap things up, but my parents--being parents--decided to use this occassion to teach me more about independence.

Thus, washing even more dishes.

It's times like these that I wish I weren't an only child. That way, I'd have someone who rub soapy elbows with as I dig in to the mountain of dishes this party is bound to produce.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home