I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Wednesday, February 04, 2004

X vs Several

The comments page on Jessy Delfinos blog has her ex and some knob of a guy arguing. It's become farked out weird, but rather amusing.

I can't help but see Jessy Delfino as a more sexed version of Sarah Silverman, which is really an unfair comparison since Sarah Silverman is a much better comedian--and she never makes any ovations to sex.

Anyway, I had day three of my morning walk today. I was late in getting up so I had to squeeze everything in 15 minutes. Not nearly enough, but I powerwalked most of it so I did get manage to sweat.

I'm building up my endurance since Laarni, Trina and I are joining the GMA Marathon. Two weeks is not enough training for even a measly 10k, but considering how out of shape we are, we're not even thinking to be ambitious enough to run the whole thing.

I'll be walking some of the miles, but the important thing is I finish.

Anyway, I'm doing some catching on financial investing, since the ad for the marketing officer that Laarni gave me has really caught my eye. It funny how some people dress up certain titles. "Marketing Information Officer" is just a less intimidating term for "stockbroker", a title that most people want to run away from.

I don't know why though. I love the stock market! One of the high points of my day before was playing the stock market game on the PSE website. I made 20% in my first month! Not bad considering my portfolio had no bonds, composed only of local stocks, and just 1 or two blue chips! I could have doubled my money had they let me stay in the game. Unfortunately, the school competition began and us out of school amateurs were locked out of our own portfilios.

Ah, if only that million bucks I put in was mine.

Realistically, I probably would have made 500k in profits before the market plateaud on me. People keep saying that "it's a bear market this year", but in the Philippines the bear comes out every damn year. The only stable security funds are in most private firms and probably universities, but I got too busy to explore any of my options.

I was planning on investing in Google if ever they did push through with going public this April, but alas, we have to save for other things now that my long projection has been cut.

...

I was checking out my journal for this January. I made several entried detailing that I was bored and wanted some "excitement".

Duh Kriszia, when will you finally learn?!

I have this freaky tendency to be self predicting. I wrote in one of my entries that I was only planning to stay in this job until the end of March, that all I ever wanted to do after that was write. "By the end of March, I need to be out in this office. This place is killing me."

I don't know whether to be pleased or bonk my head.

This isn't the first time that something I've written--vague entries that you tend to ignore when you trackback until the damn incident has happened--has come true. Instinctively, I know that i'm heading in the right direction, that everything I've been preparing for fo rthe last two years will come to fruitition now--I'm just scared that I won't be able to handle it.

Oh well, I have to go back to work. More later.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home