I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Saturday, January 31, 2004

I've finally, finally sat down long enough to read through the Creative Common's liscense agreement.

It's a free but legal document, designed to protect you and your work.

This is because in the coming months, I will be having some free time--a concept that I have come to forget--which means, I get to update my site, move to the one that I actually paid for, and add some cool new stuff.

And cool new stuff means Kriszia-with-the-camera, and Kriszia-with-the-camera can be a very tricky thing, because I take pics of everything.

Moving on...

I just signed up for my free! NASA account. I found out that Atlantis has a tentative launching in September, and I want to be able to keep tabs on that.

It has somehow occured to me that I read a lot of STUFF. Some of them good, some of them informative, some are just pure rubbish. But nevertheless, I always enjoy the time I spend just sitting down and reading.

I've carried a lot of guilt for not reading a hecka-ton of books over the past year. People always assume that i'm a wide reader, which I'm not.

For me, being a wide-reader falls under the category of "relative things", i.e. the Pope is 80 so a 50 year old man should be young, in the same sense that to a 50 year old man a 30 year old is young" etc.

I think of wide readers as people who read everything. I'm talking people who have stacks of books on the floor and have to put some books on donation just to make room for more. Or at least someone who goes through six books a month.

Sad to say, I am not any of that.

I admit to having stacks of books: some of them on the floor--most of them I keep promising myself i'll go through. Some I have, some partially, some I have been putting off for years.

It's been two years and I still cannot wade through Milan Kundera's "Unbearable Lightness of Being". I'm still halfway through "Zoe" in Franny and Zoe. And i've just given up on Graity's Rainbow and will, as soon as I feel up to it, download the damn internet guide to reading it.

For months all I have been reading are "fanfics", and the things I have to research for work.

But lately i've been growing more reader-hungry and just reading anything and everything I set my eyes on.

Thus, the NASA account.

Yesterday, I was cleaning out my emailbox from work, trying to see what should be junked and going through some of the forwards and subscriptions that I haven't gone through.

I had a months worth of Open Democracy and some from the New York Times. I sat down and got through half of them, my brain inundated with so much information that I just had to stop at some point and process.

And just when I thought that was enough, I'm just reminded that I have to pick up The Asian Wallstreet Journal. We used to get free copies at the UST library, so it was a constant staple in many debaters bags--including mine.

When I skipped Eco class in my last year, I'd read the AWJ first, probably to rationalize my not being in class by telling myself that I was learning a lot more by keeping myself abreast of it's real life applications.

Oh, wait.

Lunch!








0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home