I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Friday, June 18, 2004

All my lonesome

I have the house all to myself today. My parents went to check on our property in Zambales and won't be back until later tonight.

Normally, I would have been glad for the solitude but today is one of those days when you just feel like...talking to people.

I thought i'd myself a break and just veg out and watch TV all day. But I don't feel like watching anything and i'm too wired to write. I don't feel like going out, but I don't exactly want to stay in either.

Hot and cold, hard and soft, and nothing in between. That's me today.

Anyway, I just got the first wave of responses from my readership on my "fanfic" and they are ready to kill me.

I did a cliffhanger--my first real one--and they are absolutely ready to throttle me. It's one of those "they could have finally met, but he looked this way when she came out and so they didn't".

Some have said that they were disappointed with the end, since I hinted that they'd finally meet, while others have expressed "please!" to make them finally, finally meet again.

I guess is they're ready to kill me the suspense worked. I mean, that's what cliffhangers are supposed to do right?

I suppose watching The Bold and The Beautiful for three straight days helped.

Since i'm "crushing" on Luke Walton and in need of some sweets, soap and mush, I'm thinking more in the lines of hormones than a change in preferences.

I had to skip going to my aunts and going out to the Entertainment Expo at the end of the world because I have the beginnings of a cold.

The funny thing is, "the book" is now beginning to read like a blog. I have seperate diary for it and everything, and I'm even writing about how I do research on the topic. The cool thing is that I will get to interview my parents. It will be nice to look at them from another perspective: that of a writer and a source.

My mom is nervous, and so is my dad but he's trying to be tough about it by saying "whatever".

I hate that my aunt and my dad picked that up from me. "Whatever". Kid term. Now term. DO NOT STEAL. They even have the eye roll.

Anyway, i've been struck with Grateful Dead Fever (thanks to Mr. Lakers #4) and have been loading songs like crazy. Though I prefer the ones that they did with Bob Dylan. Luis told me that The Dead was Bob's backup band, and there is really isn't much difference in their singing styles.

We chatted a bit on their careers and I tried to steer clear of a full discography. Some things are better discussed on the phone and not on YM. I also got a lecture on adding boys because "they're cute" and having them turn into weirdoes (more likes yappy bores, really) six months down the road. Kind of like Gremlins.

He suggested a background check while I thought I just have to meet more people.

Oh yeah, I finally found out the name of the shapeshifting alien on The X-files. Brian Thompson. It's not overly important, I just...thought it was cool to know. After seeing him in so many things and just thinking of him as "that alien from The X-Files" I thought it was high time I know who he is...

Anyway, I am hooked on the song "Stuck In The Middle" by Bob and The Dead, so i'm playing that over and over. I still have Luis' Bob Dylan 3 CD box set--which I have to be VERY CAREFUL--so that's also in heavy rotation.

My dad brought home all these compilation CDs of folk mush music: Kenny Rankin, Stephen Bishop, David Pomeranz...they're alright, but there's only so much of them that you can take. There's a Best of the 60's mix that my mom is particularly obsessed with, mainly because it's got every song that they played on every mixer she attended in HS.

I find it weird that she still remembers the song she and her senior prom date danced to: Faded Photographs. I have one dance with JP during my senior prom and I don't even have a clue as to what song was playing.

I do remember that we talked a lot.

Anyway...i'm bringing in some rock--even though it's 60's and 70's rock in the house just to break the monotony. My parents don't like Linkin' Park and besides Ben Folds Five and Cake, they are the only (modern) band that I really listen to right now. Maybe Coldplay...

...

I really do need to get out and meet more people. Or better yet, I need an honest to goodness vacation where I can get out, meet new people. Somewhere far and cold. No big cities though. Sick and tired of cities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home