I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Temptation

Yesterday I started my whole 40-minute-a-day stepper routine in the hopes that I might acquire a ripped pair of abs in time for my birthday, when I will hopefully getthe courage to get the navel ring that I've been telling everyone that I am going to have for the past two fucking years.

Luis has given me horror stories on how he vicariously live through the pain when he accompanied several friends who got their navels pierced and offered to hold their hands.

I asked him if he'd come with and hold my hand. And like the gentleman that he is, he refused.

Besides my newfound workout, I have also decided to tackle my ADD my going on the two-week you're-not-eating-anything-not-from-nature diet.

It's basically all water, no dairy, no caffeine, no sugar, no chocolate, no yellow fruit, no fruit juice, no processed meat, no food coloring, no fried foods and most definitely no junkfood for the next two weeks.

The numbers are pretty low, promising only 20% of ADD kids improvement, but who knows, you could be one of the 20%. And even if doesn't work, it's a pretty good diet that keeps the toxins out.

After two weeks, you're supposed to re-introduce the foods one by one and see how it affects you. Do certain foods make you lethargic? Spacey? Give you allergies?

I thought that this would fit very well with my current eating habits where I hardly drink sodas, I rarely have caffeine, I don't eat chips , we don't have any processed meat and my mom tries to avoid food coloring.

Chocolate and dried foods would probably be my main problem here, and if I managed to give up Coke--which used to be 75% of my lifes blood--I could give up anything.

I was determined. I was driven. I had focus. Yeserday was a day that I didn't look like I had ADD. I was going to last...

Until 1:30, when my mom suddenly brought home a box of Country Style pastries, with three double chocolate chip donuts for me.

Which then reminded me that this Wednesday we were scheduled to take out my grandmother for lunch at Magnolia House, an old ice cream parlor that I hadn't been to since I was six.

Dazed and confused with two donuts in hand--donuts that my mom hardly, ever, ever buys--my dad calls and tells us not to cook for dinner. He was bringing home pizza.

And to top it off, he even bought Double Dutch ice cream, another rare deal.

The only thing missing were my parents suddenly buying bags of chips with four different dips, eating them over litters of softdrinks and finishing off the night with an expresso and a pound of milk chocolate.

I thought my head was going to explode from all that contraband.

Both my parents are pretty strict with what they eat. I wouldn't call them health buffs--after all, my dad smokes--but they both have the young genes and they don't want to ruin that.

And why would you? If you're in your early fifties but both look like you're late thirties, you would do anything to keep that advantage. Which means, we have no caffeine, no softdrinks, no junkfood and no processed meat.

Unless you count today, where they bought three liters of soda to stock up.

It was ublievable. It's as if the universe is conspiring against me: ket's make Kriszia's diet go harder!

Argh!!!!!




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home