I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Wednesday, August 18, 2004

A Box Of Rain

Off to church again today.

I still haven't figured out the Linux problem...but then again, I haven't posted yet either. I spent a great deal writing my book and Chapter 15/14 of my fanfic, lest I lose readers for this long hiatus.

I'm making a deal with myself that i'm going to update that thing consistenly, maybe evey week, to simulate the difficulties of writing for a real series. Of course, on a real show you've got a team of writers as opposed to one writer, so that can drastically change the dynamic of a story.

Two heads may be better than one, but alas, not all great heads think alike, especially writers.

I honestly don't know what's harder: writer your own character, or writing for an established character.

An aquaintance of mine that writes for Image told me that when you write for an established series, they mail you a list of rules for each characters. i.e. Storm only speaks in full sentences.

If you don't know who Storm is, you are either: old, not a Patrick Stewart fan, or severely deprived

(My mom is old and deprived, though she is a Patrick Stewart fan. It's not her fault that there are only two remotes in the house, where my dad has one and I own the other.)

A sociologist once called fanfiction as this generations form of new literature. Pop literature, at least.

Makes you wonder what works will be on the archives of a 24th century library. I'm pretty sure that there were other playwrites besides Shakespeare during his day, other books besides Canterbury Tales. I mean, the Greek libraries couldn't have just stocked transcripts of their philosophers and Mythologies, right?

If the case about fanfics are true, then a lot of bored houswives who just decided to pen down their imagined adventures and sexual fantasies, are destined to be future lauriates.

I wonder how their profiles will read?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home