I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Blast from the past

I was digging through the files I recovered from my old, old hard disk when I found this poem.

I don't normally do poetry. My favorite poet is Rilke, and unless I am talking about David Duchovny is speedoes, there's not even a wink of a chance that i'll think of something resembling that line.

Anyway, I think I was pissed off at someone who remarked that I was such a bitch for being waif.

I still haven't gone past the 100 lbs, I am still underweight, but my structure has changed considerably since I wrote this. And no, I no longer am waif. I've gained a couple of pounds since then...Yes, I have.

And to my friends...I understand that I am still thin. I get it! I get it!

THIN

i’m not bulimic,

neither am I anorexic

forgive me for looking like this

i’m just thin

i’m not on a diet

I don’t pig out just to spite you

I don’t work out because I don’t need to

no, i’m just thin

I am a size zero

but just like you I can’t find clothes

mediums are all they have and they don’t fit me

i’m just too thin

I don’t have breasts

you seem to have plenty

which is sad because guys like cleavage

i’m really too thin

I do have the waif look

like models, i’m lean like a pole

but they’re also pretty

me, i’m just thin


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!- kay

8:42 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home