I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Making A Movie

Yesterday I made my first move to being a filmmaker: I made a successful solicitation.

Granted, it was to my uncle, and he only gave me a hundred dollars to start me off.

But a hundred dollars converted goes a long way, and for a ten minute film and a filmmaker who still can't figure out where she's going to come up with the rest of the $1,400.00 to buy a nice semi-pro camera...a hundred dollars is a good thing. A hundred is a hundred less of the big pic.

He's also buying me books that I need, and is thinking of helping me out with the camera.

My other uncle is willing to lend me a hand and teach me some lighting techniques, while the rest are considering shelling out some cash--though probably not as big as a hundred dollars.

I know they're all family, but I can't help but feel a bit proud that they actually listened to me pitch and bought the idea, even if only one of my uncles pulled out his wallet.

Laarni and I (who's the other half of this enterprise) were pretty happy to get some money in our "film fund" that we didn't earn. As it is, what we're making right now is going to go to equipment and production costs for our documentary.

I'm looking for other possible jobs to make more money to fund this thing, but of course, i'm going to have to find more sponsorships.

I don't know whether my family was moved by my passion or stumped by my sheer stupidity to learn everything along the way.

Either way, we made our first hundred, and which brings me a step closer to realizing my dreams. It may seem small, but for a girl who did't really expect anything big, it's more of a giant leap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home