I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, February 14, 2005

Matt Schulze

I've always been careful never to get sucked in by stereotypes, but this guy just blew me away.

Matt Schulze is probably one of the most underused actors in Hollywood. Seriously. He's one of the few people that I would love to see in a leading role (romantic leading role?) just so I could see where he'd take the part. Every time I see him in a movie, his acting just screams "I can do better".

Imagine my surprise to learn that he was Christian.

You don't hear about actors like that anymore. Usually, when I read an actor talk about their faith, it becomes a tool, or a quote. The answer is so standardized that you wonder if they really mean it, or if they just use faith not to lead them into a brighter path but for some gratification, like jerking off or going to a spa.

Religion has become a trend, like the new fad diets.

But this guy...whoa. He really stuck to his faith, and I admire him for that. Considering the image that they made up for him, it was really unusual for me to read about this.

"Even though you may lose faith. God never loses his faith in you."

When I read it, a part me just went "Whoa. Chupa said this...fuck, Vince said this." (He played Vince in The Fast and The Furious")

I know this happens a lot in Hollywood, but this case, the difference between actor and the real thing is amazing.

Matt, you ever do a movie outside the box, I'll be the first one there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home