I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, January 24, 2005

1+1 always equals 2

My parents just bought a new microwave for 32,000 Php.

No, it doesn't spit out gold, it's not made by any popular manufacturer, and it was originally sold for 27,000 Php.

Do my parents feel like idiots for being cheated out of five thousand bucks? Not really. Not when the microwave, a set of knives, and a bunch other bullshit all came for free when they purchased a set of pans worth 35,000 Php. But since the store was new, it only cost them 32,000 Php.

A supposedly ridiculously huge amount of savings, except we don't need a new set of pans.

My dad thinks i'm a moron that can't add, but I really do feel like they've been fleeced.

They really did want to buy a new microwave, but they could have gotten one for five thousand bucks. Granted, this is a "newer" and "better" microwave...

But if the point is to just heat the damn food, why the hell do I need a friggass expensive one for? So it can bake, big deal. You can bake in other microwave ovens, provided you get your water ratio right.

Of course, it's never going to do shit like Angel Food cake, no matter how "new" the microwave is. I think you need something like a "baking oven" for that.

I asked my dad why this one was ridiculously expensive. I mean, does it fly? Does the food multiply? If I put my cellphone in, will it come out new? Does it tell fortunes? Or do something even more amazing, like cook an honest to goodness egg?

I don't get it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home