I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

Burnout

I'm done with teaching.

Nope, it's not my students. In fact, they provide me with a lot of entertainment, considering that I have one male student just hitting puberty (shot up two inches in the past month), a boy crazy 14 year old, a lonesome 30 year old who's girlfriend just went back to Korea, and a 14 year old who thinks i'm his stupid nanny.

The rest of my students are great, and heaven knows that these nutcases I have in between are okay too.

So they aren't the reason why i've had a burnout. It's more off the low pay, this one fucking teacher with delusions of grandeur, and the fact that I am a filmmaker, I cannot stay in that job forever.

Hopefully, I'll have enough dough to pay my next insurance premium and then get out by the end of February.

I'm done with teaching, i've gotten rid of that teaching bug I had in me. Today, I found myself teaching Earth Science to one of my students, because she needed me to double as her science tutor since she didn't understand a word of it in her Filipino school.

So far, i've taught songs, story writing, science, and have been a counselor. It's fulfilling, but not enough to make me forget that i've got a ridiculously low paycheck.

Now that my grandmother's in the house though, i've been motivated to do more filmmaking stuff. So i'm making all the phonecalls, will be writing all the emails, and checking on all projects that I left pending last year.

Heck, i'm even working on my Filipino. I bought two tagalog romances, none of which I can relate too because the characters are just...of a different caste.

Ah, to learn a language. Just thinking this reminds me of what I use to tell my students: practice, practice, practice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home