I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, January 02, 2006

Monday, Monday

Getting ready to leave for the second post-production meeting of Big A's first project, a short film adaptation of an award winning play.

I'm on production design on this one, what a way to start. Halfway through reading the script--which is just twenty or so pages long--and I was close to tearing up. My first time out, and I was going to Vegas. Literally.

Loud, bright colors, that just grab you from the screen without making your eyes hurt. Years ago, Dario Argento achieved this effect by dressing up the set in Pucci colors, adding some '85s, and then double treating the film.

As a result, we have a breath-taking Susperia, which is a horror movie in it's own league. It looks so damn good that even someone who hates horror might be tempted to watch it.

And that's our goal. Moulin Rouge meets Bad Education. Susperia sans the horror. PDs on E. Considering how tight our schedule is--and how low our budget is--this one is going to take a hecka lot of work.

So i'm a bit of a nervous wreck right now. Five days to create a whole new world.

But it's exciting and scary at the same time. Certainly a new challenge. And damn, I cannot wait to start.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home