I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Friday, August 19, 2005

SSDD? Go check the calendar again...

It's one of those difficult weeks.

When you're so busy that you have to skip on working out and taking a shower (shit), when you absolutely must find something in your room--which you were desperately re-organizing and now looks like ground zero, when the household help needs to take an emergency break, when your cat takes a shit at the wrong place and you need to clean it up at four in the morning, when you have to do a rewrite on an assignment that's due oh so soon...all of this had to happen when my hands were poised on a script that wants to get out of my brain.

And you think: why the hell does shit always happen at the same time? Why the hell does it always have to be localized in a week? Why the hell does does it even have to happen to me? Or at all?

Why, dammit! Why?!

Because it's a full moon week.

Before tearing my hair out in frustration, I took a quick peek at the calendar, which immediately confirmed my suspicions. Full moon week again, when crap seems to wash up my way along with the tides.

We are not happy.

If possible, I would hybernate for a week every damn month until the week was over. Never going out, never talking to anyone, not doing any fucking thing. Staying propped up and useless
because everything will be on fifty percent for so long as the moon is in maximum illumination.


The only upsides to this week was: a) finding the missing pieces to my old script outline, which needs to be revised anyway; b) talking to a really good friend from HS over the phone who is now based in VA...but forgetting to get her contact details so I now cannot talk to her, c) getting a fresh new idea for a script but not having the time for it until next week...when the moon is back to normal.

Damn, really.

Oh well, at least I got to watch House, MD. Last Tuesday was the Asian season premier and I am now addicted. I've always been a fan of Hugh Laurie, so even though he's shaken off his british accent for this show, I still love him. Excellent writing too.

At least I got one silver lining.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home