I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Wednesday, November 19, 2003

Just talked to my mother.

They are talking again.

This is the longest "misunderstanding" they've ever had, and though they are again in speaking terms, I don't think they resolved anything. They don't argue, which I think is a problem.

A good ole physical fight is what they needed, in pretty much the same way that me and christine needed a loud screaming match.

I keep wondering how long this stalement will last. A few more months? A year? For when I move out?

I may be old enough to live on my own, but that doesn't make this easier for me. Even though I now have a better understanding of how relationships go and maybe a deeper sense of self, things are just as painful and confusing.

Six, twelve, eighteen, twenty three or thirty. It doesn't change the fact that your parents almost broke up. My famly was threatened.

Situations are certainly going to be different now. The coming year, their silver anniversary, may be the glue that will hold them together. If they adapt well to the current circusmtances for 365 more days, then they should be able to get through this.

If not...well, I guess this is just the way things are. Some things are meant to run for just a certain period.

In this play that I call my life, people have changed roles, the sets have changed backgrounds, and the writers keep changing the plot. And I am the star that has to go through it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home