I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Thursday, December 18, 2003

After a surge of e-mails (all of them coming in when I was otherwise busy and not at my desk) I am experiencing a drought.

My Voyager sim group has half the cast sleeping, Chakotay and Janeway flirting/gropping in short-wave, while everyone else is thinking of something to say.

Even my EnterpriseAndBeyond yahoogroup, who is very, very, active, is very quiet. The only active yahoogroup (which I opted not to have e-mails) the Damian Lewis fan club, is just about jumping out of their hides talking about his latest play.

I imagine that I would be close to fainting if I were to meet him in person and get a somewhat sloppy kiss since he is such a sweet guy. If it were me, i'd swab my cheek and keep a sample of his DNA. Some of the "bunnies" traveled all the way to London from the US just to see him.

I can understand the fanaticism since i'm a bit of a Damo-girl myself, and I would be one of the first people to plunk down some money just to go to a Trek convention.

Enid is hoping that I come into some money and be able to make it to Starfleet Academy's annual convention next year. It's in Virginia, in a city that's quite near Maryland. It's only two hours away and she's hoping that I can take a vacation and attend the convention at the same time.

We just had this talk last Saturday. I was really surprised that she called me up, since it was 2AM eastern and she had the morning shift! Those overseas call phonecards don't come cheap too, so I was really touched. We haven't been e-mailing as much lately, at least not like before where we'd exchange responses in a day! We've been really busy with work and the rest of our life (i.e. things that we do when we are not at work) so it's all understandable.

Time seems to have sped up today. I feel like I just sat down even thought it's already 11. It's free lunches today courstesy of the December celebrants. I got three gifts this morning (one of which is from the big boss herself) and I also had a nice ride to work. The cab driver was playing an Eagle's tape so it woke me up. The driver and I were kind of whisper-singing to "Take it Easy" while stuck in Commonwealth flyover traffic. It was amusing.

Anyway, today is the office raffle. They have a microwave over, a DVD player, and some other thing being raffled. I don't have much luck with these things so even though I want to go home with a new DVD player, I think i'm just going to hope that the pics I take will come out well.

The pictures that I took last night on the bus didn't come out well, but the BW shots that I took of the accounting staff and some more my mirror project shots came out nicely. It was cool. Now i'm forever looking for a reflective surface. I saw the other people's Lomo shots now I really want one. It's got this grainy look to it, but in a smokey-lounge-trip kind of way.

I took a picture of myself from a bottle of coke in BW and I am thinking of sending that in. It seems too sharp and polished to even be considered as one of those photojournalistic photos but it came out better than I expected.

Oh well. The raffle is about to start.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home