I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, December 15, 2003

Tooling around with my digicam. I've started a photographic draft of the project that I want to do. The photos are stored in Yahoo Photos, where they do not allow ?!,' or any such symbols. Their code is dumb.

To take my mind of some of the monotony--since I am still surfing for the same thing--I am reading up on inequalities in world trade. Specifically, "IS OXFAM RIGHT TO INSIST THAT INCREASED ACCESS TO NORTHERN MARKETS IS A SOLUTION TO THE THIRD WORLD'S PROBLEMS?"

Oxfam is an NGO that aims to improve human development. They are based in the UK and have a very interesting website. I'm about to read the nay-sayer part. It's been a long time since I've read a case and I must say that it is invigorating! You may take a person out of a debate, but you can never take a debater out of a person.

This should tie in very well with my MDG requirement for the UN-Arlac Portal.

The debaters are Colin Hines and Kevin Watkins, the former is an author and a Greenpeace economist while the latter is a Senior Policy Advisor for Oxfam.

It's rather short, since it's all written down and reads like an essay. It's not taking sides, but is short and compact enough to provide you with the necessary arguments.

Damn, I miss this.

Anyway, I found out that Kellie Waymire--Lanna from ST: Voyager's Muse ep and Lt. Liz Cutler in St: Enterprise--died of an enlarged heart, possibly caused by her Mitral Valve Prolapse. She was diagnosed as a teenager, but her condition unknowingly got worse as she got older.

My paranoia of course, forced me to read up on MVP again and this time pay closer attention to the details surrounding my condition. I found out that not only do I suffer from MVP, but also MVP Syndrome, which is not a heart condition but one of the nervous system.

I read through the posts and was just amazed at the amount of people who were suffering through the same thing I was.

I've had days where I have had an attack and I literally thought I was going to die. In fact, the retching episode I had at Clarke wasn't a hangover, but a reaction to stress, sleep deprivation, and the alcohol. MVPs don't handle alchohol very well.
There have been instances where I thought I was going to have a heart attack, but I've just learned that MVP doesn't cause MCIs. A good thing, since I do not need the additional stress that it presents.

So now I have to go back to my original diet. I've been meaning to, but this just gives me the necessary incentive.

I'm seeing my cardiologist again and maybe, just maybe, getting another 2D echo. I don't have 4k to spare, what with camera payments and insurance polices to pay.

Good grief, I need a writing job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home