I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Friday, December 05, 2003

At last, TGIF!

My brain cells have been dying by the million from doing NOTHING all week.

Today is the day of the Solid Waste Bluebook meeting, and I have that to occupy me all afternoon. Next week we only get two days of work because of the Christmas Party. The plus side of that is I don't have to spend for anything for the next three days.

The down side and is that we'll be in Clark and my mom wants me to shop for stuff . I have no idea what I should buy, but i'm thinking of just picking up my digicam there since I will be charging it.

I got a reply from my old classmate from high school Jenniffer "Macaroni" Samson. She moved to the states on our senior year and she has almost no idea on whatever happened before senior year. She doesn't even remember how she got the nickname.

I thought that was really sad.

She's from Chicago but she moved to San Diego for Grad School. My old classmates who know her said that she's changed, but that's to be expected since she was 15 when I last saw her.

Anyway, I will be getting my hair done tomorrow. It's a sure thing. Then for the afternoon I will get my picture taken with Xarra since we've been waiting to do that for the longest time, then it's back home to rest before I take Harry out for a drive with the boys on Sunday.

What a weekend.

Heh. I just stumbled into another Torres/Seven fanfic on fanfiction.net.

WTF is up with these people? If they are gonna do female VOY slash, then they might as well do a Janeway/Seven pairing since this T/S thing is not going to work. HELLO. There is no common factor between the two except that they both have the patience of a short fused bomb and they are totally hot.

Anyway, that's just about the only thing i've been doing this morning. Go through my Yahoo Groups, skim through my usual websites, then update the blog. Oh, and I asked the accounting department to withdraw for me since there is no way that I will be doing the waiting game this Friday.

I can't wait to begin the weekend. It's a bit too packed for my tastes, since I prefer just bumming around at home, but I haven't been out for a long time and I think I should have some sort of activity that should drag me out of the house.

Trying to do busywork for a whole week has kept me from having any panic attacks regarding my future, though Charisse had a number of scares this week.

I am still trying to figure out what I'll do for the rest of the morning. Its just 9:30 am.

Oh hey, Robbie McNeill's site has just been updated. He lost weight, hear! hear!

I so love that guy. He seems like such the family man, and he's incredibly cute. Well, when he was young. Now he looks more like a restrained biker, which he is in a way since he and his wife both ride Harley's. Anyway, he gave away one of the fans who decided to have their wedding on a Slanted Fedora convention. Slanted provided the venue.

I wonder if this was some sort of ploy by Slanted, since they are in trouble for bouncing checks.

On the subject of celebrity...

I just saw that Elizabeth Oropesa's latest movie with Alessandra de Rossi is going to be realeased by Columbia Tristar. It has a Flipino cast and crew, from the same director of Munting Tinig.

To be honest, Munting Tinig (Small Voices) was a bit schmaltzy. The underdog-wins theme is smarmy, and the NPA slant is just so predictable. Couldn't they come up with another conflict?

Homecoming, though with it's big-name backing, is running through the same sob-story thread with a larger than life conflict: the SARS virus. Filipino's don't do disgusting sci-fi outbreak films, so it's disgusting drama outbreak film.

But hey, who knows. The movie hasn't come out and I could be wrong. Columbia hasn't done much with the promotion of the film, but this could be one of those sleeper hits.

Kahless, I hope so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home