I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Friday, December 26, 2003

Here's a bit of cosmic karma biting me in the ass: my cousin gave me the same gift that the big boss did.

So now I have two sets of white musk. Xarra says I should just use it and not let it go to waste. I tried to palm the stuff off her--since she actually likes white musk--but she didn't want to since it was a gift.

Maybe one time i'll use it. It comes in convenient travel sizes...but heck, I travel with my Mr. Wizard slippers, so I basically have room for all that other junk like my big jar of Body Butter.

Anyway, I went to two aunts for Christmas day. As a result, I wasn't able to get away to go to Sarah's party.

Both gave me gfts (a black pearl earring set from one aunt and a cute girlie bag from the other) and both are recovering from breast cancer. Maybe they pass remission. My aunt the jeweler is on year 3, while my aunt the artist/interior decorator is on year 1.

But let's not think about that yet...

I am, yet again, reading fanfics. Tomorrow I may just ditch the laziness and read up on Linux and pop on the new version Knoppix that Rhem got me. I still have to search for an online image gallery, as well as a free blogger to put in my server.

Yes, I am going to defect to another blogger. No, it's not because of the service, but becuase i'm poor.

I need a blogger with the works, so i'm going to do it from scratch: get script, customize, then load it to server. Thankfully, I have webspace. A rather expensive purchase on my part, which is one of the reasons why I am, thus, poor.

Xarra and I were chatting on YM the other day, discussing finances, lomos (she's sick of this topic) and our quiz results from Quizilla. Later, we talked about those times that we found money in odd places just when we thought we're flat broke.

At some point during the conversation, I asked her if she remembered that time when I found five hundred pesos in my summer bag and as a result, had a nice monster lunch at Tokyo-Tokyo. "Wasn't that great! It was that time when we were going to get our hair done but couldn't eat a big meal because we were broke!"

...Then of course I paused, which was when she typed the exact same thing I was thinking: we were always broke.

We're not destitute, we weren't indigents out in the streets. If we lost our jobs we'd have our parents to support us, and we'd never go hungry and still have some decent clothes.

But ever since we could both remember--even way back when I was still friends with Chrstine--the two of us shared this mindset of "my finances are my own". This so we can begin to prepare ourselves for independent life. So if we moved somewhere, we'd have a better chance of survival since we already had practice on being poor.

We both want to move to another country, partly because we'ev lived here all our lives and we'd like something new and partly because we always felt like we've never fit in.

We were just...different.

I remember feeling like some celebrity outcast in High School. Where they all kind of excluded you from their mindsets and activiteis yet couldn't really afford to ignore. The weirdness brough a different on a type of infamy, and since we were smart, and occasionally nice and generally genial, it was impossible to hate us.

Of course, it was that contradictory nature that osterecized us, much as the schools A-1 group of pretty and smart cheerleaders were hated and yet adored for their perfectly flawed nature...

Thus, the rest of high school was like trying to break in a pair of great shoes. They look great, everyone thinks they look great, but you end up walking like Popeye with a serious case of blue balls.

Good grief, I wonder how our 10 year reunion will be like in '07.

Scary, scary thought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home