I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Wednesday, January 21, 2004

Getting Into Head

I spent 15 minutes on the phone with my bank today trying to sort things out with my Equitable Fastnet account.

For those of you not in the know, Fastnet is Equitable's version of internet banking, aimed at geeks, techno-savvy yuppies, and lazes like me who have this huge aversion towards banks and their hours.

You can pay your phone bill, electricity bill, mobile phone bill, your kids scholarship plans, and a bunch of others that I didn't bother looking at. You can pay for your credit card too, but they don't carry my card company which really sucks since that's the only reason why I go to the bank in the first place.

:p

I enrolled a few weeks back, but I didn't try the damn thing until today, when my phone billwas a day overdue so I absolutely had to pay.

So I tried to log on and immediately encountered problems, caused mainly by my stupidty: I forgot my pin number.

It's an eight digit thing that is completely different from your atm number and all the other numbers that you're supposed to remember. So you have to remember your 16 digit account number, your 8 digit PIN number, then your other 8 digit S-pin number--and it's all those numbers that's causing all that trouble.

I have a problem with numbers. I don't hate them, but it most definitely hates me. When I was three my uber-montessori pre-school started me off with the beginners abacus, taking their initiative from my IQ scores and my passion for reading. They soon--SOON--learned that even with my fluke gift on phonetics (I started reading even before I knew I was reading, don't ask me how) did not extend to mathematics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home