I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Thursday, February 26, 2004

Rants from your former student

Some people have a penchant for picking direlicts for boyfriends or morons for friends. Few even have the unfortunate predilection to pick the wrong mentors.

I, on the other hand, have this compunction to be sighted and picked by psycho mentors and unwillingly turned from unsuspecting student/debater/employee into one serverly fucked over protoge.

Yes, this is a rant. A big rant. Directed mostly at my former boss--who I hope to God I will never in my whole life see or hear from EVER again. Let me call up imagery: this is my boss, the cold blooded blimp, being fired upon by multi-phasic torpedoes and phasers--FULL SPREAD. Too trekkie?

Okay, then here's a more dated picture: me with a mace shouting in a megaphone turned full volume---placed right next to her ear.

If your life is a good case of Murphy's Law just happening over and over, then you would know what i'm talking about.

Why the hell does it have to be me?!?!

Exhibit A: certain members of my gene pool who I will only in the vaguest of terms mention. I had hero worship when I was 12. Last I checked, that was twelve frigging years ago. I have no desire to talk like you, be like you, or even think like you. Unless there is some altercation involved--caused mainly by our wildly conflicting personalities--I do not even think of you.

Exhibit B: my former debating coach. He was hecka vain, but he was funny and he was good. He was actually great...until he got it into his head to start power-tripping with his debaters. Suddenly, I went from being a promising member of his team to the hack who owed him everthing.

Dude, i've got news: it takes talent to argue very well. It takes a lot of charisma, which is something you don't have. It's not our fault that you picked your team so well that some of the members surpassed your skills. Don't feel so hurt and surprised when you feel like you've been knocked from our adoring pedestal, since we never really placed you there in the first place. And for crying out loud, when you coach other teams, try to limit spilling our weaknesses and trade secrets to the sport. If I have another debater/stranger come up to me again with scared doe eyes hiding behind a smirk, saying "Oh, so you're Kriszia" while they shake my hand, I WILL TELL EVERYONE YOU ARE GAY. Starting with the women you're deluding.

Exhibit C: My former boss---argh!!!! This woman is out of her mind. She needs to be in therapy, preferably in group just so people can tell her straight to her face that she isn't all that nice of a person. And to clarify with her that abusing and harassing a person is very different from strict mentoring. Especially when said person wasn't looking to be mentored in the first place.

Some people think that they're so great that they want to spread their love around. They just never stopped to ask if people wanted it.

I'm beginning to see the value of knowing some straightforward bitchy friends. If you suck they tell you to your face that you do. I have no doubt that my former boss--grrr--started out a decent person, all of it just went to her head. She started out in a fairly high position. But I think she's forgetting the fact that she is no longer young, and yet she's still in the same position (supervisor--peeon overseer) only this time she has more money.

I guess I was the only person who ever really stood up to her. Scared the shit out of her...in truth, it scared the shit out of me too.

But like I said, when you're pushed hard into a wall several times, at one point you will have to push back--HARD.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home