I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Friday, May 28, 2004

Cheap vs. Expensive

The workshop that is supposed to change my life is over.

I just got back from a rather long travel from Tagaytay and am close to zonking out--but not before doing e-mail and checking more (egotistical) fanfic reviews.

I'm still at that stage where I'm adjusting to being home after being away for a long time. It was...

WOW.

Holy fucking WOW.

Thing...really did change my life, so I guess the 12k that I forked over was worth it--heck, it was more than worth it. I don't want to pre-empt anything, but just the experience alone...I think I got my money in three-fold.

The only sad part was that when they called me onstage to present me with my certificate, they told everyone I was sent there by DAI, since I was still working there when I signed up.

Anyway, the experience was just...WOW.

My teacher was great, my classmates were awesome, and even though I yelled at one of the student directors for being an unprofessional prick (details on a later post) it was the best.

I learned so much that all the crits I got were welcome. I've met people whom I know I will be working with, made a lot of knew friends (it was a total flirt-bowl) and even though I ended up doubling as a voice over actress and production assistant/mananger, I managed to get one of the scripts that I helped write produced into a film--albeit, a student film.

It was...incredible. That's all I can say, considering that I haven't slept more than eight hours since I got there.

And thanks to my friends for the moral support. I couldn't text back because Sun Cellular has crappy signal in Tagaytay and I didn't have any signal for the most time (for a short time, I forgot my cellphone back at the hotel :p )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home