I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, May 17, 2004

Is it just me...

Is it just me or is nearly everyone I know married, secretly married, engaged, giving birth, about to give birth or is in a long term (and very active) relationship???

I mean, I know i've always gone against the trends but come on!!!

Did I suddenly drop out of warp on the wrong century or are people starting out younger these days?

The funny part is, none of my closest friends are in relationships right now. Either they've ended it or are pretty much like me: holed up and only occasionaly venture out to the sunshine to somehow date people.

Am I really just older all of a sudden? Was 2003 a magic number, since a hecka lotta people I knew were getting married or having babies last year. And if 23 is old enough, I can't imagine how many HS batchmates should be trudging down the aisle for this year.

It's all just so...bizarro.

I just saw Mark's pic with his girlfriend on friendster and the two just plain ass look alike now.

All I can say is that it's beginning, they are homogonizing into this...thing that is getting ready for marriage. And my friend Patrick from Chicago (who has been married for 5 years) already flew in his wife from home so they are living together after a long time apart...no doubt their new project will be having babies.

And I can't even finish my book!

Oh well, at least my flirt buddy (I swear, they can be better than dates) JP recently broke up with his GF so I am not on solitary oblivion. But since he bounces back relatively fast, this could just be for a month.

Luis is in this limbo where he's convinced himself that he's in love: his shirts for her sleepwear, feminine products in his bathroom and get this--even when he's alone, he's started sleeping on one side of the bed.

???

I feel like something out the pages of my own frigging book! Talk about life imitating art!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home