I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Perception

Just wrote another plot for "my show".

I was at a New Twilight Zone website today, reading on some of the synopsis. Thank goodness that thing is about to be released on DVD. I'm going to be able to rewatch it and just catch some of the stuff I missed when I was five.

It's like watching Mannequin as a grown up. You laugh at some of the jokes that you missed when you were six and at the same time think "What the hell was so funny about this? The premise...sucks".

You have movies like "Weird Science" and "Mannequin" or "Better Off Dead" and forgive all of them because it was the 1980's. It's unbelievable how that era just bends the rules.

You have movie's with people breaking into song in the middle of the cafeteria, bad clothes, horrible make-up, and just...the worst slang i've ever heard. Not to mention really sad cars. The music is half-way good if you know what to look for, i'll at least admit that.

Suspension of disbelief was so high that you could have a teeny bopper movie where the guy actually steals the moon for some girl and people would actually buy it.

Still, "Weird Science" does make me laugh, and even "Mannequin" was entertaining. "Better Off Dead" I saw on HBO when I was 12, so it was still sort of-kind of believable.

But if you tried to sell me those movies now, my first thought would probably be "WTF????"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home