I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Tuesday, May 11, 2004

For Fear of Insanity

Several things that I am currently into...

The Internet Archive Wayback Machine, i've never used it more than I have for this week, a heaven sent for fanfiction readers and researchers everywhere. It doesn't work for everything--there's only so much of the net that you can store--but it does most of the time. Nobody likes broken links, this helps solve the problem. Run the URL through this and see if they have a copy.

Urbanchillers has somehow managed to keep me occupied during my downtime. I'm not a huge fan of slasher movies and horror flicks which is ironic since I am into The Twilight Zone, something that most people consider as horror (it's not) Seriously, i'm more into B-Movie Horror flicks--more for the comedy than the horror. I got hooked because of their shorts, and the scare factor comes up by 200% when you happen to be watching at 2am. Most of them are Quicktime, but the budding filmmaker that I am, I leeched some of them onto disc just for inspiration.

Project Gutenberg, since I've been reading a lot again and I can't afford to buy anymore books. I was planning on starting La Vita Nuova, but got sidelined by Taming of the Shrew. A million books and I chose Shakespeare, imagine that.

Not really a website, but TechTV. I have a crush of Patrick Norton. He's big and he doesn't look anywhere near The Templates, but he's smart, funny, well traveled and well read, and is a whiz with computers. Since TechTVs merger with G4, they've announced that the old people from SF will be replaced/need to re-apply. :P My friend Rhem was kind enough to give me a copy of some of the eps (CD format, of course) so I can have Pat and Kevin Rose at my beck and viewing pleasure. My current fav is the one where they fry CDs on the Microwave. Not only is it cathartic to nuke discs, but the effect is really cool, kind of like something out of Trek or Andromeda.

Then there's Chris Potter, whom my mother swears looks like The Template even though I can't see it. I've had a crush on him since Kung Fu: The Legend Continues. He played Peter Caine for close to four years from 97-97, also appearing as Sgt. Tom Ryan in Silk Stalkings. He's now playing Dan in Zoe Busiek: Wild Card. And just as a triva, he was the voice of Gambit--my fav X-Men--on the first X-Men series. (Before X-Men Revolution, where they stopped being superheroes and turned into campy, teenaged punks with super powers)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home