I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

And who might you be?

I was surfing for horror and thriller festivals today on the net, hoping to find some platforms to send our films.

Halfway through, I noticed on the entry forms that they always ask for the director's biography and never the writer's.

Now that just plain sucks.

Usually, it's the writer's that are stuck at the bottom of the barrel, which is ironic since everything starts with them. What's even sadder is that when the Story Writer is overshadowed by the Screenwriter.

The whole concept came from the story writer, but for some reason, the script was either changed too much or he was tied with another project so he couldn't do the script, thus a script writer was assigned to write the words to the story.

It just annoys me to hell that you lay awake at night just thinking of a good story, hand it over to some guy and he...well, he gets all the credit. I mean, it's his interpretation and it's his vision that you see, but stil...it's not solely his idea.

Oh well.

Hopefuly, when I get some paying work as a writer and save some money, I can take a course on filmmaking and learn how to direct myself.

But then again, horror is very hard to direct. It's a stroke of luck that I actually found a director who happens to be pretty good at this and is willing to work with the writer on set. That rarely happens.

Hopefully, the final product will come out very well and we'll do pretty good at some websites.

Anyone up for PAs? I still have two more movies in my head, and I have some directors who actually want to shoot it. I need all the help I can get with this.

Really, I am not kidding.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home