I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Saturday, June 19, 2004

G-Mail

I was reading through Wil Wheaton's website and read that a lot of people want Gmail accounts.

I didn't know what Gmail was, but as soon as I read that it was 1000M--read 1 Gig I thought "Holy cow, I want one!". But it turns out that it's strictly invite only.

I know that Yahoo has upgraded it's services and that I don't really need that much space, but I thought "Invite only? How cool is that?" It's like a nerdy VIP Pass.

Anyway, it turns out that there is this site called gmailswap.com, and you put your name on a list asking for some lucky gmail account holder to dole out an invite.

I went to the site, excited as hell, but first decided to read on what exactly GMAIL was. So I went and found out that it's from Google.

Oh, that Gmail.

As it turns out, I already have one. I signed up for the beta last May when it was advertised on blogger. I didn't know it was going to become "INVITE ONLY". I just clicked on the link because my Yahoo account was just...getting too crowded.

I haven't used at all since I signed and now I feel like one lucky ass that I have one.

So I am now trolling the gmailswap site doling out invites. SIGH! If only they were Lakers tickets...heck, if only they were coupons for free use of a nice 4 Echo Sony Camera!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home