I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Scrambled Eggs

Whoever wished to be stuck between two jobs is crazy, especially when you happen to love one more than the other, and that "other" happens to be the one that makes money.

My brain is slowly turning into Jell-O. I have double deadlines right now, and have no idea on how to get around it. I'm going crazy.

I had one of the worse weeks of my life. I feel somewhat lucky that I work from home, otherwise I could have met all sorts of misfortunes had I stepped outside.

At this point, it wouldn't be unlikely for me to cross the street and get hit by a fucking scooter that will give me amnesia.

But it's a Sunday, I am trying to finish up my Monday deadlines, and hoping that tomorrow will be better.

For my dayjob, I am compiling a list of speakers for our seminars.

I always thought that they were a great, inspiring lot, but right now I am just sick of them. What I once thought were guru's just turned out to be a bunch of businessmen, where they have a product, and you are the sucker that has to buy it from them.

They have publicists, and PR sheets, sell books and CDs and have websites with streaming video's. They have headshots and some have specialized stationary emails that just annoy me.

Maybe it's just the work that has soured me towards them, but one more motivational speaker out of two thousand is just one speaker too many.

And strange how some of them can be so snooty in email, especially when they teach stuff like "Tact and Diplomacy in everyday communication."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home