I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Sunday, May 01, 2005

Workin' It

I just hired my first actor yesterday and it felt awesome.

Of course it was my friend JP but it still felt great. He mainly signed on as a favor for a friend and was terrified of disappointing me. He kept telling me over and over that he didn't have any acting experience, but I told him that he was going to do fine.

The emotions that I require from him were already close to the surface, coupled with the fact that we were very good friends, so it would be easier for me to give him directions.

He was reluctant at first, so even though he'd signed the release forms, we talked more about the work that we were about to do. After giving him a description of the scene and what I required of him, I asked him for his opinion, noting several signposts to his emotions.

It took seven hours of talking, but I finally loosened him up in order to get the confidence to play the role.

By the time we left, he looked like this matinee idol who just couldn't wait to get to work. He's excited about the project, but is fuck assed enthusiastic that he would also get to choose the music for the scene he's going to be in.

We spent the whole day at the Petron gas stations mini stop, hydrating ourselves with caffeine and munching on a can of Pringles chips, but it was great.

It finally felt real, when he signed that contract. Just two weeks ago, Laarni and I were making plans about the production company, and setting up projects, and found ourselves booked until next year. Well, hopefully.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home