I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

Enter: The Timeline Zone

Since I quit my job last Friday, the past two weeks have been spent doing something more paramount than drunk and crying with celebration, and that's called: adjusting.

Being back to my own timezone certainly is enough to laugh myself to hysteria. But tons of things happened in the past weeks that caused me to get used to some new things:

1. Windows XP. I've been on Windows 2000 for the past years by choice. I just don't feel anything for Microsoft and valiantly put off the upgrade until my PC crashed and I had to get "the upgrade' that i've been telling myself i'll be getting.

2. Dial-up. My lan-card took a dive, so while my PC is off being serviced, i'm back to 56 kbps and am having a bit of a DSL withdrawal.

3. Daylight. I haven't seen daylight for awhile, except during "daybreak". Usually I wake up because it's gotten too hot to sleep due to the midday sun. Then I cloak myself off to watch TV or work, until darkness comes in and I emerge to---work some more.

4. Free time. Now that I've quit one of my jobs and am no longer married to my PC, I have more time to go out, move up in my DVD queqe, teach debate, read, and all that other fun and gooey stuff.

5. Write, write, write. With several outlines and a script needing to be done, this is now my fulltime job, which--sadly--could eat up number four.

6. Working out. I'm back to my fitness routine. I didn't have any energy before, but I will now!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home