I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Friday, July 01, 2005

Great Expectations

Semi-enjoying an unexpected two day vacation...well, maybe not a vacation but more of a breather. A cool 48 hours where you aren't expected to fucking reach for a deadline or just do some work.

Today, I spent most of my time sleeping and just reading, not really doing anything. Which I don't mind since the next few weeks are bound to be really busy.

The re-writes to the script should come in a few weeks, then after that it's a couple of hours of sitting with the translator, trying our best to flip it without losing anything in translation. Then there are the long hours in pre-production, the (hopefully) two day shoot, the long grunt to post production. Then finally, that last push to get it to the theaters.

It hasn't quite sunk in yet. Making the movie. I guess i'll believe it when i'm there shooting it.

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the fact that I will once again be poor for the next frigging months. Right now, i'm pretty lucky that i've got some money to spend. But knowing what it's like to not have any money, i'd like to put a little padding besides the allowance that i've given myself. After all, there's still next year that I am looking at.

Making movies is fun (and hopefully profitable) but since reality states that 90% of local indies never generate any bucks, we are all using the movies we cut as a calling card.

The goal for this year is to "make a name for yourself". To do something that will hopefully land us a paying job that will allow us to make more movies without ever having to look at our bank accounts every two seconds. To finally, finally be allowed to work our asses off for something that we completely love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home