I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Crawling Towards Salvation

Yesterday I took the two boys out to watch "D'Anothers", one of the few pinoy movies who legally ripped off from other movies.

In short, this was one our first Pinoy spoofs.

I saw the trailer and seeing as I will be working in this industry, I went in to watch--dragging a protesting Mark and JP.

Mark is pretty open minded but JP made this credo that he would never watch a pinoy film (ahem) ever. Ever? Yeah, ever.

But since he has me for a friend now, he has no--or rather, he HAD no choice--but to follow me in.

Granted, it wasn't a 10, but it was a 7 and it was awesome simply because it was not only passable, it was GOOD.

We already know that Vhong Navarro has great comedic timing, but Tony Gonzaga was a steal. I don't watch Wazzup, Wazzup, so I may be a bit delayed in knowing something that everyone has already seen, but damn that girl's funny.

Of course, most of the jokes were still pretty much slapstick. And there were some supposedly funny scenes which didn't really sell, along with the requisite "dance-off" that was supposed to be entertaining and hilarious but didn't really deliver.

But barring all that, this was hands down really hot damn funny. I might buy a copy of it just to see if the jokes would sell again, but if you haven't seen it, I suggest you do.

The Philippine Showbiz industry might have been on a downslide, but I say we're back in business baby and we are on the way up again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home