I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Thursday, January 05, 2006

Meme Me

I am, sadly, addicted to memes. I think answering theme reveals a lot about yourself and others, thus saving a lot of time and energy if ever any one of you want to kill each other down the road. Also, when I was teaching, meme's were a great way to break the ice and get students to do their exercises.

Mostly because Korean or no, people like talking about themselves, or at the very least love to know that others are interested in them in some way (even if it's just teach-cha avoiding making a formal lesson plan by using a "radical approach" that involves students just writing essays and answering meme's)

This one comes from Dignan's 75 Year Plan. It should prove amusing to some of my friends who'll read this, but even I still get a laugh from the answers that I give. Sometimes it just takes the right question from other people to make you learn something new about yourself.


1. What did you want to be when you grew up (WYGU) while you were a kid?

I wanted to be a robot, the Blue Lion from Voltron in particular. Not that I wanted to be like Princess Alora, I just thought that the Blue Lion was cool. So I spent a lot of time pretending I had all these weird powers when I was around six or so. Then when I went to school, I learned that I couldn't be a cyborg and like most girls in Catholic schools, I wanted to be a nun. When I learned that they couldn't carry guns (???) I thought i'd be a scientist or a lawyer.

2. What did you want to be WYGU when you graduated from High School?

Sadly, science was not one of my strong points during high school. I still enjoyed learning about science, but I never was--and never will be--an academic. So I thought i'd be like my dad and be a lawyer. Though looking back, I was more interested in the title than I was with the job. I thought being a lawyer was too passive, so to be more pro-active--and to force myself to be more disciplined--I thought I would enlist in the Philippine Navy and become a JAG.

3. What (if anything) is your college degree in? (overachievers: feel free to add Graduate degrees)

I was a psych major. During the latter part of my college years, I thought being a lawyer was too boring for me and fell in love with the study of human behavior. Since I wanted to help people, I chose a career in criminologyy, particularly behavioral profiling. But a nervous breakdown prompted me to seek a career in something that wouldn't take too much toll on your psyche.

4. What do you do for a living now?

I was an HR Admin Assistant for a while, then went on to become a technical assistant. Then reeling from the constraints of a nine-to-fiver, left to persue screenwriting. I moonlighted as an ESL teacher to Koreans to pay the bills before working as a virtual assistant/market associate. Then I finally quit that so that I can be what I am now: a slave.

Hehe.

Seriously. I am a struggling screenwriter moonlighting as a PA/Production Designer/talk show host producer for sh!t pay. Right now, I am trying to learn everything I can about making movies without ever going to film school. It's hard work, especially for someone who wants to spend her life working in front of the computer creating stories that will hopefully inspire or help people.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jean Vengua said...

Hey Kriszia:

You and I are probably related, because there's not many Venguas in the United States, and I'm one of them. My relatives are from around Cebu and Dipolog. How about you?

Jean Vengua
http://okir.blogspot.com/
http://rhizomatous.blogspot.com/

11:29 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home