I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Thursday, December 04, 2003

Stupid me has just figured out how to change the time and the date so it can finally match my timezone.

Congratulations me, and congratulations Wil Wheaton. I am so hoping that I can get a copy of "Dancing Barefoot" for x-mas. Totally devastated when it went out of print on me.

Anyway, I got in early again today.

My dad and I had a great ride going to work, even though he forgot to bring my Affidavit of Loss so he could get it notarized. More delays on getting that new ATM.

He's a lot more anxious and excited to get my driver's license than I am. I think he can't wait until I finally take the wheel and he can just sit on the passenger seat, snoozing while I get us through traffic.

I actually think that it was better for me to have waited this long for me to drive. If i'd taken my car out to school--like, frig-ass 2 hour drive AWAY UST--it would have probably ruined driving for me for life. Getting stuck in traffic, then having to fight for parking.

If you take away the coolness factor of having your own car and the times that I stood on the sidewalk, stranded and wondering whether or not I would ever get home...it just about evens out all the times that I walked alongside classmates who were stuck a meter from the Uni gates (I was a real bitch with that), or who had to come in at o-fucking early just to get parking. It is a well known fact that a majority of the morning worshippers are those who had to come in early just to get good parking space--which happens to be in front of the church.

Parking is probably the next ogre you have to contend with besides traffic and those nuts they let lose on the streets. You can't really park anywhere.

But no matter, I am relishing the fact that I no longer have to rely on other people to get me around (Mark is fucking thrilled) nor do I have to shell out lumps of my hard earned money for cab rides. And I no longer have to worry about crossing the street.

Anyway, Mark will be taking me and Harry--my beloved VW Beetle--out for a practice spin this Sunday. I've just shopped for new batteries and will be giving my car a nice ole rub down. I'm considering getting insurance, but for a 30 year old car? I don't know. It's hard to insure vintage.

That's another thing that I am totally proud of. That Harry hasn't had any sort of modification since he roled out of the German factory way back in the early 70's. One of the last lines to be produces in Germany before they set up production in Brazil. And since they recently broke the VW mold, my Harry is now truly a classic.

My dad had the starter changed to a press-button last year, but I am going to get it back to it's original condition as soon as I can manage it.

Mark wants me to go all out, and I just told him "give me the money". I love my car, but I am not living in it.

So I will be taking it out while I save up money for a new paint job, new tires, new decals, and new interiors. The black leather interiors are so not me. And a new radio. But since I'm just thinking of getting a shock proof discam (and they all are these days) I think i'm going to forego radio. The only radio I ever listen to these days are internet radio. I really do appreciate pre-programmed music, and my tastes have suddenly grown selective ever since I discovered the power of having my own net-radio programming.

No more DJ's for me!

Anyway, this day's artist happens to be Jason Mraz, since he kind of resembles Damian Lewis in a youngish, alternative kind of way.

I was going to try for Flogging Molly since Wil Wheaton fans recommended it, but I had on my funk-on-funk playlist and all the schizo-irish tune just didn't gel. But it seems to blend well with my mood right now.

I had Fiona Apple for the better part of the morning yesterday, then switched to Jamiroquai and Chemical Brothers in the afternoon. The rest of the day went on with Massive Attack and Fat Boy Slim. Our MIS Guy--who's musical palette hasn't heard a drop of such music--was looking at me like I dropped from another dimension.

I think he should get out of his dimension more, since this music has been out for years!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home