I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Thursday, December 04, 2003

I finally figured out why yesterday's post wouldn't come out.

When I changed the damn thing to read my timezone, it thought that I was saving it to be released tomorrow, on the right time and day. DUh, WTF is the option for then?

Anyway, I'm all set to do another day of doing nothing, because there really isn't much of anything to do for this week. Everyone has dropped from the face of the earth in order to take advantage of their accumulated vacations, while the remaining people of the planet is doing what I am doing: busywork.

There's a meeting tomorrow about a project that I am helping out on, which is good since it's something to do. But other than that I am back to being an admin assist since Jean is going out and there is no one at admin and she asked me nicely for this favor. So that is a semi-something to do.

I am currently spreading my "lookalike obssession" on the Damian Lewis yahoogroup. I just found out that Alessandro Nivola attended Phillips Exeter Academy, which lands him on the "he went to a great school" category.

Anyway, I am reading Wil Wheaton's old blogs from his "Where's My Burrito" days, back in the hay when things weren't happening for him yet and he was just this struggling has been. (Sorry Wil, but for awhile ago it was true.)

So I was reading some old posts and stumbled on this one story where he was wearing a fairview shirt. Of course my eyes just popped and I immediately clicked on the link. Turns out that there is this band named Fairview. I have yet to hear their music, but from the looks of their site it's a bit like grunge/alternative/semi-flogging molly.

I cut most of the morning by collating and stapling some project material that we'll need for tomorrows meeting, then I'm off to calling some people early afternoon. I am really stingy with my assignments since there really isn't anything to do. The accountants--who always have something to do--are flying without their boss and are being stingy with the workload too.

They spent a good part of the morning surfing the net and reading some stuff, and spend the rest of the day surfing some more and doing their own line of busy work.

...

Okay, three minutes on doing ponytail.

I think i'm going to have my hair done tomorrow, have it relaxed and all. People have been making comments about my hair, with it being up on a frizz and I don't care that the ends are flipped. I have weird hair. Some are wavy, few strands are curly, then some are straight, and they're all frizzy.

I have been having an ongoing battle with my hair since I turned 11...or was it ten, I can't remember when the nice shiny baby hair quit on me and just turned into a mass of frizz. So since then, I have been owndering what to do with it to make it the way it was before.

I've given up on it, but since people are paying attention now I have to do something about it.

When it comes to the battle of having other people dictate your looks, one has to be very pedantic in choosing ones fights.

Hair is one thing that I happen to submit to the norms judgement.

I don't let people chose my clothes, my footwear, nor pick on my weight (I refuse to gain any more). I don't let people tell me what to read nor am I concerned with what they think I am reading. And besides what JP and Mark says, I am totally out with what other people think about my appearance whatsoever.

I am decent, I look fine. Not smashing, not gorgeous, but decent. That is fine with work-me, since there's nobody here to impress anyway.

It is 11:00 am, and I have managed to kill a few hours doing little stuff.

Bleh. I'll come back to this later. I am predicting lots more of nothing on the PM later, after i've made phonecalls.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home