I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Monday, December 22, 2003

My mom just checked out the first three pictures that I submitted to the mirror project.

She's not a great fan of black and white, though she did think that I was pretty clever for capturing those images...until she saw the others. After that she promptly scanned the room for other reflective surfaces where I could get more creative pics.

I'm really enjoying my camera, people--okay, friends--have been appreciative of my preliminary work. Xarra suggested that I try and sell my work, but I'm not thinking about ,aking any money just about now.

Right now i'm just catching up to all those times that I wished I had a camera but couldn't afford it.

I had a Pentax point-and-shoot when I was eleven which went around with me in Germany. It was a kiddie camera, really easy to use. That died on us when we quit taking picture at age thirteen. After that, we really didn't have any pictures. Most of the shots that I have of myself starting from age thirteen to maybe now was taken by Lianne, who was already into photography then.

My aunt lent me her Nikon F38 when I was a senior in High School. I lost the lens and broke the flash, and took only two, I think maybe three good pictures out of the three or four rolls that I actually developed.

In college, I didn't have both the camera nor the money to even develop any pictures that I would have took. Plus, I had my writing and my problems fitting in.

Despite everything that happened to me on my Senior year in UST, I don't think anything could ever compare to the misery that I felt as a Freshman, when I couldn't fit in. It was like fifth grade all over again!

I was mousy, I was rebellious, and incredibly insecure. I missed my friends a lot and had a hard time fitting in...Not that I ever did. The only thing I ever loved in that school was debating, and the people that made my team.

In any case, i'm glad I didn't have a camera then. I wouldn't have wanted to have any pictures to remind me of that time. I already have my entries, I don't think I need to see myself.

The mirror project is addictive! And when my mom saw the other pictures she thought the exact same thing that I did--you can do better.

Anyway, i'm going to be saving up for a Lomo. I have no idea how, but it will definitely not come from my paycheck.

Maybe I should establish some rules?

Kriszia's Lomo Project/Fund

Terms and Conditions:

1. You may purchase a Lomo of any kind.

2. Purchase of said Lomo must not come from your monthly paycheck.

3. All payments must be made in cash and in full. You cannot charge, you cannot pay installments.

4. You are allowed to solicit, sell stuff, work extra jobs just to acquire one.

5. Gifts are not included. If someone gives you a Lomo, that doesn't count, even if it is second hand.

End Terms and Conditions.

O-kay...that was short. Few numbers but all hard to accomplish. But it's better that i've written them down and I can see them. I am determined to go by those rules, my rules!
I will get over this slacking pace that I have been keeping and do my best to earn it!

...Oh shit, did I just make a resolution?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home