I ran out of space in my head...the net seemed vast enough so I decided to lump it all here.

Friday, April 23, 2004

Dinner

Waiting for dinner to finish and for my Koala MoBlog to finish loading up.

Seriously? Koala is just a bear.

I get all sorts of people asking me why the hell I keep posting pictures of my bear on Friendster and none of myself.

I tell them that a) Koala has no diva attitude, b) he never complains, just listens and c) unlike my friend Laarni--who looks fantabulous even from a cameraphone--I am not photogenic.

Anyway, Koala was given to me by my uncle when I was three. And just like any other kid, I am incredibly attached to my bear for purely sentimental reasons. Mainly, he's been there since I was a kid.

It amuses me when people ask me if I have this Freudian thing with my bear. You can almost see the wink and the smirk between the lines: do you have "a thing" for your bear?

Do I have "a thing" for my bear?

If you're asking me that, then I think I should be the one asking if you have something Freudian for my bear.

There's always a moment in ones life when they encounter people that you feel should be committed or at least seek some psychological help. And when I saw psychological help, I don't mean calling me at odd hours to discuss your latest crisis and expect me to come up with some brialliant psycho-analysis.

I meant, seeing a professional psychiatrist once or twice a month. A genuine office with a couch, and a person who is paid to listen to you and at the end of it all, scribbles in a pad a couple of names to some synthetic friends.

I thought at first that my contemporaries at the College of Science would be it, that I had met the highest concentration of nutballs in that one place.

Wrong again.

There's something demented when people who aren't even in your friendster list send you a message asking you if you get off on a damn stuffed animal, stated in what they think is in subtle terms.

Sweetie, there's nothing subtle anymore with a psychologist, and my tenure as a wannabe-profiler has given me the unfortunate gift of seeing psychological sexualis when I see one.

But what gets to me is this constant misrepresentation of Frued.

Sure, his ideas were on Pansexualism, but it really annoys me when the only association that people make with Frued is Sex when his greatest gift to the psychological world was Psychoanalysis. And believe me, there is really nothing much sexual in that.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home